On the benefits of being a good cook

I’m fasting today in preparation for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Ew, I know. No symptoms, (thanks for asking!) it’s just a preventative measure given my family history.

Anyhow, if you are a really good cook, and all you’re allowed to eat for a day is “clear salty soup”, you can still have a really nice lunch made from your light Chinese stock which you infused with a shiitake, some more chicken and herbs last night.

I just thought I’d share that.

#1 dylwah on 15.04.10 at 2:10 pm

Good luck Zoe, do you get watch the video in real time or is an anesthetist going to dispense a sleeping potion?

thanks for the reminder, i am batching for the next week and a half as Dr Honey has taken the girls across the ditch to see family. time to make stock and curries and other stews and such to freeze for the busy days ahead. otherwise i’d prob eat toasties for the next ten days. not that there is anything wrong with that.

#2 Zoe on 15.04.10 at 3:11 pm

Toasties are great, of course. I quite fancy one right now, but shall instead brew up a lovely cup of peppermint tea.

Only slightly stabby, but keep forgetting to feed the kids.

#3 Crit on 24.04.10 at 8:07 pm

Such a timely post, Z. Mine is on Wenesday, so Monday is white food day, and Tuesday is clear liquids…bleh.

#4 fxh on 08.06.10 at 11:47 pm

Timely for me – my exploration is coming up and i was looking for tasty white stuff- Pho I was thinking- but no experience from scratch

Anyone got some basic home Pho recipies?

#5 Zoe on 09.06.10 at 10:35 am

FX, Tammi did a post about making pho here, but you’ll need to whack down the quantities.

#6 Kendra on 03.07.13 at 6:12 am

Your headline must give him a reason to hop from your article whenpeopleview your article.
They start you off with free and low cost methods but also show you how
to keep customers coming back. Caution, Copyright Be aware
that some network administrators update systems to
include new proxy sites that could help far-flung family members agree on gifts.
Put a link to its Best Web Hosting – refreshingly straightforward.
Yes, there are several ways to add it.